Tripp Lake is a partner in the Denver and San Francisco offices of Lewis Brisbois and co-chair of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice. Mr. Lake is an experienced trial and appellate attorney focusing his practice in the areas of intellectual property and commercial litigation.
Mr. Lake has tried more than 65 jury trials, including more than 60 as lead counsel, and has also represented clients in dozens of appeals in both federal and state courts. Through this extensive trial and appellate experience, he honed his skills in communicating complex scientific and legal principles into digestible arguments for juries.
Mr. Lake has served as lead counsel for clients in patent infringement suits involving subject matter including LED applications, electrical systems, fluidics and biomechanics of small particles, and mechanical devices.
He is experienced in complex litigation, leading litigation through trial involving 11 patents-in-suit with asserted antitrust counterclaims, to working with multi-district litigation involving the measurement of petroleum by volume in disparate temperatures to direct infringement claims of single patents.
In his role as appellate counsel, Mr. Lake has handled matters as diverse as representing amicus curiae in Microsoft v. i4i, briefing cases before the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, securing an original proceeding from a Colorado trial court to the Colorado Supreme Court on a question of physician privacy and appearances before the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals and the Colorado Court of Appeals.
Mr. Lake’s clients range in his intellectual property and commercial practice range from sophisticated animal agriculture corporations to companies who provide software for public entities such as police forces and court systems, mobile payment software designers and health care systems designers.
He represents small and large entrepreneurs and established companies in the United States, the European Union and in Asia. Internationally, he has represented clients from China, South Korea, Japan, Germany and Austria in intellectual property litigation and licensing disputes.
Mr. Lake has also become a go-to voice in managing Intellectual Property within Industry 4.0. In addition to his litigation experience, he has counseled a number of clients in healthcare and payment software, consumer goods, industrial processes, and LED lighting fields in their intellectual property protection.
With the advent of sufficiently decreased latency in cloud computing and the coming digital manufacturing boom, he is focused on bringing his experience into play in helping companies navigate the digital thread from initial idea protection via trademark, trade secret, copyright and patent strategies through litigation if necessary.
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Juris Doctor, Order of St. Ives
- East China University of Political Science and Law, Shanghai, China, Chinese and International Intellectual Property and Corporate Comparative Law.
- University of Oklahoma, Bachelor of Arts
- State Bar Admissions, Colorado
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- State Supreme Courts, Colorado Supreme Court
- State Appellate Courts, Colorado Court of Appeals
- National Trial Advocacy Program (NITA), Instructor
- Colorado IP Inn of Court, Board Member
- Colorado BioSciences Association
- American Society of Animal Science
- Federal Circuit Bar Association, volunteer advocate for Veteran’s Appeals
- Colorado State Bar Association
Rate : $$$