Trischa Snyder Chapman practices complex commercial litigation with a focus on the healthcare and insurance industries. She has extensive hands-on experience in litigation, from early-stage exposure assessments to appeals, and approaches her work with an enthusiastic and synergistic outlook.
Trischa also regularly handles large-scale electronic discovery issues and is deeply involved with the e-discovery community. Trischa also serves on the firmwide Women’s Committee and the Columbus Office Diversity Committee.
- Assisted with the research and analysis of legal issues raised on appeal in a class action alleging that an insurance company improperly charged and collected local taxes on insureds’ premiums.
- Tried a case to jury verdict involving claims that a large automobile manufacturer violated Ohio’s Lemon Law and consumer protection statutes and breached its warranty to purchaser. In preparation for trial, conducted and defended fact and expert witness depositions.
- Seconded in the litigation department of a major healthcare services company.
- Represented a regional health system in a False Claims Act qui tam action. Successfully eliminated nearly all of the relators’ claims on a pre-answer motion. Secured extremely favorable settlement terms after conducting strategic fact and expert discovery.
- Central Ohio e-Discovery Roundtable
- Columbus Friends of e-Discovery
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- YWCA Family Center Pro Bono: Legal Clinic Volunteer
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law Mentoring and More @ Moritz Program: Mentor, Advisory Board Member (2016)
- The Women’s Fund of Central Ohio: Grant Reader
- Women for Economic and Leadership Development
- J.D., The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, 2010, cum laude; Managing Editor, The Ohio State Law Journal
- B.S., Communication Studies, Ohio University, 2006, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2011
Rate : $$$