For over twenty years, Troy Allen Lanier has maintained an active civil litigation and trial practice in the state and federal courts of Georgia. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). He is also a member of the National Trial Attorneys Top 100 Trial Lawyers group.
His practice focuses primarily on business and contract disputes, estate litigation, injury cases, and employment-related disputes. His practice also includes insurance matters, condemnation proceedings, premises liability cases, and various cases involving public school districts. A substantial portion of Mr. Lanier’s practice involves the representation of litigants in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia.
Troy Lanier earned his A.B. degree in 1988 from the University of Georgia, and he obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1992.
He is an active member of the State Bar of Georgia and the Augusta Bar Association. He is a past President of the Young Lawyer’s Club of Augusta. He formerly served as a member of the Executive Committee of the Augusta Bar Association.
He formerly served as Vice-President of the Board of Directors of the Georgia Legal Services Program. He is a Fellow of the Lawyers Foundation of Georgia. He is a member of Trinity-on-the-Hill United Methodist Church in Augusta, Georgia.
- Georgia, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2000
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia, J.D – 1992
- University of Georgia , Athens, Georgia, A.B – 1988
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Georgia Bar Association, Member, 1992 – Present
- Augusta Bar Association, Former Member of Executive Committee, Current Member, 1992 – Present
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
- Fundraising Committee for the GLSP board, Former Chairman
- Lawyers Foundation of Georgia, Fellow , 2009 – Present
- U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals Historical Society
- Georgia Sheriffs’ Association, A.R.N: District 6, 2012 – Present
Rate : $$$$