Troy Doll primarily represents lenders and servicers in connection with securitization and structured finance, primarily commercial mortgage-backed and CLO securitization transactions, and the workout and restructuring of securitized and other financial assets. He also represents clients in structuring, negotiating, and documenting first mortgage loans, mezzanine loans and subordinate debt.
His clients include primary, master and special servicers, CMBS lenders originating commercial mortgage loans nationwide, institutional investors, and issuers, underwriters, and collateral managers in CLOs and other structured finance products. His in-house experience as a banker, underwriter, and ratings agency director gives him an insider’s perspective in anticipating and resolving legal, structural, and underwriting issues.
Troy has a deep understanding of CMBS and CRE CLO transactions, having developed underwriting and structural criteria for CRE CDOs and non-traditional asset classes and securitizations. He also managed surveillance and conducted servicer evaluations at credit rating agencies. As a result, he helps clients effectively navigate the ratings process, both when structuring the securitized loan as well as servicing the loan post-securitization.
He also is knowledgeable about the intricacies of financing for hotels, leased fee loans, and fractional interest securitizations. Troy is currently a professor at Fordham’s Real Estate Institute teaching Real Estate Legal Concepts and Contracts.
- Columbia University School of Law (J.D., 1997)
- New York University, Stern School of Business (B.S., cum laude, 1994)
- Managing Director, Kroll Bond Rating Agency
- Senior Vice President and Chief Underwriter, Realpoint LLC, a Morningstar Company
- Vice President, Lehman Brothers, Inc.
- Director, Standards & Poor’s Rating Service
- Corporate Counsel, Marriott International, Inc., New York
- Dechert LLP
- Blank Rome Tenzer Greenblatt LLP
Rate : $$$