Tye is the managing attorney for our Oklahoma City office. He concentrates his practice in personal injury, wrongful deathand insurance bad faith litigation.
Tye handles most of the jury trials for our clients in Oklahoma City and the remaining western half of Oklahoma.
He has obtained significant jury verdicts in the central, western and southeastern areas of Oklahoma. He has persuaded major insurance carriers to change their claims-handling procedures through his pursuit of bad faith litigation.
In 1999, Tye obtained a ruling from the Oklahoma Supreme Court in Burch v. Allstate that was a major victory for clients seeking uninsured motorist benefits. This decision continues to cause an uproar in the insurance industry.
In 1998, he sued Allstate for bad faith because of its policy of requiring insured motorists to sign a release in exchange for payment of undisputed benefits due under their uninsured motorist coverage.
After obtaining a favorable ruling from the court on the issue, the case settled for a confidential amount. Immediately after the settlement, Allstate changed its claim-handling procedure on this issue.
- Author of Torts Section in quarterly publication of Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association, the Advocate
- Lecture: Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association’s Rising Stars CLE – Focus Groups, 2003
- Lecture: Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association’s Annual Insurance Law Update CLE – Tort Law Update, 2003-Present
- Lecture: Oklahoma Bar Association’s CLE Auto Accidents – Perspectives from Both Sides – Litigating the Case for the Plaintiff – 2007
- 1989 – Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Carl Albert Political Studies Center, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma.
- 1992 – Juris Doctor, (with Distinction), School of Law, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association, Past Member of Board of Directors and Past Co-chair of Public Education Committee
- American Association for Justice (formerly American Trial Lawyers Association)
- Admitted to practice in the State of Oklahoma – Northern, Eastern & Western Federal District Courts of Oklahoma; and Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$$