Tyler A. Carpenter is an associate in the Charleston office of Steptoe & Johnson and is a member of the Business Department. Mr. Carpenter focuses primarily on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and financial transactions.
He has experience advising and representing businesses and high net worth individuals involving a wide range of contracts across a variety of industries, including energy and natural resources, real estate, banking, transportation and logistics, and capital markets.
Mr. Carpenter also assists banks and private entities in commercial financing arrangements and represents creditors in bankruptcy, foreclosure, and collection matters to help maximize the recovery of secured and unsecured debt.
- Represented and assisted a talent agency in the expansion of its operations through the acquisition of another staffing firm
- Represented a coal mining company in the negotiation and implantation of a $92.5 million credit facility
- Represented a coal mining company the divestiture of its “standard assets” and associated liabilities for cash consideration of approximately $325 million
- Represented a railcar repair and storage company in a $46 million Section 351 rollover transaction with a private equity sponsor
- Represented lender in a $15 million dollar term loan to a coal company borrower
- Represented a metalworking manufacturer in the negotiation and implementation of a reciprocal easement and shared services agreement for the operation of a local manufacturing plant
- Represented a senior assisted living facility in the negotiation and implementation of a secured loan through the office of the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
- J.D. Washington & Lee
- B.A. University of Virginia
- Executive Articles Editor, Journal of Energy, Climate and the Environment
- Lead Articles Editor, German Law Journal
- Layout Editor, The Law News (Winner National ABA Competition, 2013-2015)
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
Rate : $$$