Tyler B. Dempsey serves as a trusted advisor to businesses in connection with their most important transactions and other matters. He helps clients achieve their desired results through responsiveness and careful attention to detail, balanced with a practical and commercial approach.
As a deal attorney with more than 20 years of experience, Tyler represents public and private companies and private equity firms in a variety of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and investments. He works with clients from the planning and structuring stages through to negotiation and execution.
His experience includes acquisitions and sales of privately held businesses, recapitalizations, public company mergers, divestitures of business units, joint ventures and strategic alliances, strategic investments, cross-border transactions, going-private transactions, special committee representations, spin-offs, private equity financings, and other control and non-control investment transactions.
Tyler advises clients in a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, fintech, business services, software, and pulp and paper. He also has significant experience in assisting payment processing businesses and other companies in connection with general corporate and commercial matters.
Representative Matters :
- Advised a global communications equipment manufacturer on its $800 million acquisition of a wireless networking business.
- Represented a financial technology and payment processing business in multiple acquisitions and in its subsequent sale to a private equity firm.
- Advised a pulp and paper company on its $315 million acquisition of a manufacturer and supplier of personal care products, as well as on multiple other acquisitions and divestitures.
- Represented a global provider of recovery audit and analytics services in multiple acquisitions and divestitures.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Business Law Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Board of Directors, TAG FinTech
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., with honors, Order of the Coif, 1999, North Carolina Law Review
- University of Tennessee, B.S., magna cum laude, 1995, accounting
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$