Tyler W. Garvey is an associate in Mayer Brown’s New York office and a member of the Banking & Finance practice and Project Finance group. He serves as Co-Chair of the firm’s Committee on Finance Associates and represents lenders and investors in connection with equity investments and both international and domestic infrastructure and project finance transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Tyler was a legal fellow at the New Jersey Bureau of Securities, where he gained experience working on matters involving securities registration, regulation and enforcement.
He received his undergraduate degree magna cum laude from John Jay College of Criminal Justice where he was a Thurgood Marshall Scholar, Ron Brown Scholar, Steamboat Scholar, Scholarship and Service Recipient and the Graduation Commencement Speaker.
He received his law degree from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, where he was a Berkeley Law Dean’s Fellow, Folger Levin & Khan Scholar, Berkeley Board Fellow and William K. Coblentz Civil Rights Fellow.
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, BA
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, JD
Admissions : New York
- Associates’ Committee – New York Co-Chair 2015 – 2017
- Practicing Attorneys for Law Students Program, Inc. – Young Leadership Board Member 2017 – Present
- Walter K. Hoerning Endowment Fund – Board Member 2015 – Present
- Represented the arrangers, administrative agent and collateral agent in connection with a $97.4 million senior secured construction loan which will convert into a senior secured term loan, a $89.8 million senior secured tax equity bridge loan and a $4.8 million senior secured letter of credit facility.
- Represented the lead arranger, underwriter and syndication agent in connection with a $115 million construction loan facility and a $21 million VAT loan facility to the owner of a portfolio of solar projects in Chile.
- Represented investors of a private placement offering in connection with the issuance of $500 million of senior secured and unsecured notes of a passenger railroad service.
- Represented a Dutch asset manager on its acquisition from an infrastructure fund of 10% plus one share of the equity and like percentage of shareholder loans of an electric and gas utility holding company.
- Represented a tax equity investor in the acquisition, development and construction of a $105 million portfolio of solar projects totaling 90 MWdc.
- Represented the administrative agent in connection with $2 billion in senior secured credit facilities, consisting of a $1 billion term loan B, a $775 million revolving credit facility and a $225 million term loan A.
- Represented a Fortune 500 restaurant company and manager in connection with a $2.4 billion term and revolving whole business securitization of franchise receivables and intellectual property.
Rate : $$$$