Tyler T. VanHoutan services clients in all aspects of intellectual property law, including litigation, prosecution, counseling and portfolio management. Over the course of his career, Tyler has worked on behalf of clients in numerous industries, including microprocessor and graphics processor design, telecommunications, oil and gas, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
His clients value his ability to quickly understand the aspects of their industries that make their respective matters unique. Tyler has extensive experience guiding clients through federal court litigations and appeals, International Trade Commission (ITC) investigations, and American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) arbitrations.
His litigation practice has included bench and jury trials, ITC investigations, and binding AAA arbitrations. He has litigated extensively in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, a hotbed for patent litigation, and has also handled appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
In addition to his litigation experience, Tyler has also managed worldwide patent and trademark portfolios for various clients.
- Representation of microprocessor and graphics processor design company in numerous district court litigations and International Trade Commission investigations where client’s technology was indirectly accused of patent infringement.
- Representation of wireless communications company in patent litigation involving visual voicemail technology (E.D. Tex).
- Representation of wireless communications company in patent litigation involving base station technology (E.D. Tex).
- Representation of oil and gas “major” in litigation involving claims of patent infringement, theft of trade secrets, and antitrust violations (S.D. Tex.).
- Representation of oil and gas services company in arbitration involving claims of patent infringement for MWD technology (AAA arbitration).
- Representation of wireless communications company in patent litigation involving cellular navigation functionality (E.D. Tex.).
- Representation of wireless communications company in patent litigation involving telecommunications technology (E.D. Tex.).
- Representation of oil and gas services company in patent litigation involving cementing equipment for oil and gas wells (S.D. Tex, N.D. Tex.).
- University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law, JD, 2001
- Missouri State University, BA, 1998
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Fellow, Texas Bar Association
- Barrister, The Honorable Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property American Inn of Court.
Rate : $$$$