Tyreen G. Torner is a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment Department. She advises and represents companies in a broad range of employment law matters including : Discrimination and harassment lawsuits, Class actions, Employee terminations, Disability accommodations and the interactive process, Workplace investigations and trainings.
Tyreen’s representative successes include :
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of employer and defeated plaintiff’s appeal to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal in an employment case alleging breach of contract, wrongful termination, race discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an employer accused of wrongfully denying medical leave, retaliation and harassment.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for employer accused of disability discrimination in mediation with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Tyreen is the author of Guide to San Francisco Employment Laws, a Fox Rothschild e-book, and co-author of Action Guide: Preparing for Trial, published by the Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB).
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Tyreen was an associate at a boutique employment litigation firm in San Francisco, and clerked at Bay Area Legal Aid and Protection and Advocacy, Inc. She also worked as an admission counselor for Smith College.
While at the University of California, Berkeley School of Law, Tyreen served as the Managing Editor of the Berkeley La Raza Law Journal and received the Advocacy Award. As an undergraduate, she participated in international study programs in India and Spain.
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Smith College (B.A., 1999)
- California State Bar, Labor and Employment Section
- California Minority Counsel Program, Program Committee Member
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- Smith College Club of the East Bay, Alumnae Admission Coordinator
Rate : $$$