Tyrone C. Fahner served on the Management Committee of Mayer Brown from 1985 to 2007, including serving as co-Chairman (1998-2001) and Chairman (2001-2007). Ty’s practice includes complex litigation, state and regulatory compliance matters, as well as advising audit committees and boards of directors. He has extensive jury trial experience in cases involving financial crimes, tax, securities, regulatory matters, multi-district, and class action litigation.
Ty has been featured in Leading lawyers Magazine (July 2010), and has been named among both America’s Leading Business Lawyers (Chambers USA) and the World’s Leading Business Lawyers (Euromoney).
He also was named “2002 Person of the Year” by Chicago Lawyer Magazine. By appointment of President George W. Bush he serves on the Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad.
Ty is a former Attorney General of Illinois, where he served as the chief legal and law enforcement officer and prosecuted actions on behalf of the people and defended actions brought against the state, its constitutional officers, and its employees.
In addition, he has served as Director of the Illinois Department of Law Enforcement and as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Northwestern University School of Law, LLM
- Wayne State University, JD
- University of Michigan, BA
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Business Executives for National Security (BENS), Former Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Member, former President
- Civic Committee of the Commercial Club of Chicago, Member, former President
- J. William Fulbright Board of Foreign Scholarships, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, United States Information Agency, 1988-1993
- Republican Party of Illinois, Member, former Finance Chairman
- University of Michigan, Corporate Advisory Committee, Former Member
Rate : $$$$