Tyson Hafen practices primarily in business and commercial litigation with a focus in banking, contractual disputes and insurance coverage related matters. His recent victories include obtaining a complete defense verdict in a $5 million jury trial, prevailing on an appeal to the Nevada Supreme Court, recovering defense fees and costs, and winning numerous dispositive motions resulting in dismissals of entire actions.
Tyson’s banking and consumer finance practice includes representation of international and community banks in consumer lending and foreclosure-related litigation. His insurance coverage practice includes representation of insurers in high-stakes coverage litigation arising from construction, environmental, and product liability claims. Tyson has jury trial experience and has represented clients in state, federal, and tribal courts.
Tyson is also an active member of the firm’s media law practice group and has successfully litigated issues involving the First Amendment, internet publications, defamation, and business disparagement.
He also has experience defending hospitals and medical professionals from medical malpractice related claims, construction companies and design professionals in construction defect litigation, transportation companies from personal injury related claims, and big box retailers and casino resorts in premises liability and catastrophic injury related claims.
Tyson is a 2012 cum laude graduate of the University of Utah with dual J.D. and M.B.A. degrees. He was an editor of the Law Review and served as an extern to Justice Jill N. Parrish of the Utah Supreme Court.
Tyson is a 2009 graduate, with highest honors, of Brigham Young University, where he studied economics and completed internships with U.S. Senator Orrin G. Hatch and the Speaker of the Utah House of Representatives.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Vice Chairman, Business Law Section, Young Lawyers Division (January 2018 Member Spotlight)
- Member, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section
- State Bar of Nevada
- Executive Board Member/Treasurer – Insurance Law Section
- Chairman – Insurance Coverage Sub-Section
- University of Utah – David Eccles School of Business
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Clark County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$