Tyson Y. Herrold focuses his litigation practice on antitrust and competition matters as well as other complex litigation. Following law school, Tyson completed judicial clerkships with Federal Judges in the Middle District and Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
This experience included involvement in high-profile antitrust and Constitutional cases as well as litigation stemming from the financial crisis. During this time, Tyson developed an intimate knowledge of the federal trial and appellate court system.
- Represented an industrial machinery manufacturer in a products liability case alleging defect in the design and failure to warn.
- Represented a land developer in bringing an antitrust case against an adjacent developer for using state tort and local eminent domain proceedings to restrain trade.
- Represented a manufacturer in the defense against Lanham Act and unfair competition claims brought by competitor.
- Worked on an antitrust lawsuit brought by a representative of radio stations against performing rights organizations’ alleged attempts to fix prices in and monopolize the industry for copyrights to musical works.
- Assisted in a case concerning whether banks’ database of mortgage holders used to facilitate creation of mortgage-backed securities violated state law requiring the public recording of mortgage transfers.
- Assisted in a Second Amendment appeal involving as-applied challenge to federal statute prohibiting convicted felons from obtaining firearms.
- Involved in a Fifth Amendment case in which Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers allegedly held citizens without probable cause during a sting operation.
- J. Willard O’Brien American Inn of Court
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Federal Courts Committee
- J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 2012, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.S., Economics, Messiah College, 2009, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania, 2012
Rate : $$$