Umber Aggarwal’s practice encompasses all aspects of patent law, with a particular emphasis on patent litigation. He leverages his insight as a former patent examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to create efficient strategies for clients. Umber has technical experience in the electrical engineering field, primarily relating to wireless technologies and telecommunications.
Umber has experience in a variety of litigation proceedings, including Section 337 litigation at the International Trade Commission (ITC). His patent prosecution work involves drafting and prosecuting U.S. utility applications in a wide spectrum of technologies, including financial software, wireless systems, and digital health software. Umber has also been involved in analyzing client’s patent assets to determine licensing strategies.
Prior to joining Finnegan, Umber worked at the USPTO, examining patents in television systems, pulse or digital communications, and signal processing. In law school, Umber participated in a semester-long legal clinic, where he directly counseled clients on a variety of intellectual property matters, including trademark prosecution and patentability examinations.
Umber keeps an active pro bono docket, including representing Veterans at the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims and conducting eligibility determinations during an expungement clinic for indigent participants in Washington, D.C.
- University of Maryland School of Law J.D., cum laude, 2017
- University of Maryland B.S., Electrical Engineering, 2013
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Activities :
- International Trade Commission Trial Lawyers Association
- South Asian Bar Association, D.C. Chapter (SABA-DC)
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association, D.C. Chapter (APABA-DC)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- Giles Sutherland Rich Inn of Court (pupil, 2017-2017)
Rate : $$$$