Uri Herzberg is a partner and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Groups. Mr. Herzberg has a broad-based transactional practice with extensive experience advising private equity firms and multi-national corporations in structuring and negotiating mergers, acquisitions, investments, divestitures, joint ventures and other corporate transactions.
He is recognized as a “next generation lawyer” for both private equity buyouts and M&A by The Legal 500(2018), where he is described as a “rising star,” and clients say he is “incredibly thoughtful, commercial and analytical with his advice,” “one of the smartest individuals” and “has an uncanny ability to process information quickly and provide smart, tactical advice to his clients.” Mr. Herzberg is also recognized as a “Rising Star” by IFLR 1000 (2019) for private equity and M&A.
Mr. Herzberg is a contributing author of the Debevoise & Plimpton Private Equity Report and co-authored “Then & Now: Deal Conditionality in Going-Private Transactions,” The M&A Lawyer(September 2016) and “Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery: Continued Use of Private Equity Technology in Acquisitions by Strategic Buyers,” The M&A Lawyer (January 2013).
He is a contributor to the annual Health Care Mergers and Acquisitions Answer Book (Practising Law Institute, 2016), an extensive reference guide addressing structuring, regulatory, due diligence and documentation issues, among other things, in healthcare M&A and licensing deals.
Mr. Herzberg received a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2007, as well as a Certificate in Business and Public Policy from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He received a B.A., cum laude, from Yeshiva University in 2004. Mr. Herzberg is a member of the Bar of New York.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and TRANZACT in the $1.2 billion sale of TRANZACT to Willis Towers Watson.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of additional shares of common stock of Beacon Roofing Supply pursuant to a forward purchase contract with Credit Suisse.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and its portfolio company, TruGreen, in TruGreen’s debt recapitalization and acquisition of the interest held by The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company in TruGreen.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a majority interest in American Greetings.
AmTrust Financial Services in a strategic transaction with Madison Dearborn for a portion of AmTrust’s U.S. fee businesses valued at $1.15 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $500 million preferred stock investment in Beacon Roofing Supply’s $2.625 billion acquisition of Allied Building Products.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.5 billion acquisition of HD Supply’s Waterworks Division, the largest distributor of waterworks products in the U.S.
- RWL Water in the merger by acquisition of Emefcy Group and RWL Water.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $650 million acquisition of Capco, FIS’s management consulting business.
- Elliott Management in its $540 million redeemable preferred stock investment in Roadrunner Transportation Systems, a leading asset-right transportation and asset-light logistics service provider.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services in the merger of Brand Energy and Safway Group, forming the leading global industrial service business with over $5 billion in revenue.
- Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services in its buyout of Harsco Corporation’s 26% interest in Brand, a leading single-source provider of specialized industrial services to the worldwide energy and infrastructure sectors.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its investment in Pathway Partners, a leading veterinary hospital owner and operator.
- Alliant Insurance Services, the nation’s largest specialty insurance brokerage firm, in its acquisition of Mesirow Insurance Services.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $12 billion acquisition of GE Capital’s sponsor lending business, including Antares Capital, the leading lender to middle market private equity sponsors in the U.S.
- PharMEDium, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and the leading national provider of outsourced compounded sterile preparations to acute care hospitals in the United States, in its $2.6 billion sale to AmerisourceBergen.
- Nestlé Skin Health in its $1 billion acquisition of Guthy Renker’s worldwide Proactiv business, the world’s leading non-prescription acne brand.
- TruGreen, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, and CD&R in TruGreen’s merger with Scotts LawnService.
- Nassau Reinsurance Group, a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital, in its $217.2 million acquisition of The Phoenix Companies.
- Verizon Communications in the $10.54 billion sale of its local wireline operations in California, Florida and Texas to Frontier Communications.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of up to a 49% stake in NYSE-listed CHC Group, the world’s largest commercial helicopter operator with an enterprise value of $1.9 billion.
- Standard General in its acquisition of over 1,700 RadioShack stores in alliance with Sprint as part of RadioShack’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Altegrity, a global, diversified risk and information services company, together with its operating businesses Kroll, HireRight and USIS, in their pre-negotiated Chapter 11 proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, in which they successfully restructured more than $1.8 billion in funded indebtedness.
- Nestlé in its $1.4 billion acquisition of the aesthetic dermatology business of Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its sale of Learning Care Group, a leading provider of early education and child care services, to American Securities.
- TIAA-CREF in its $6.25 billion acquisition of Nuveen Investments.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisitions of Brand Energy and Harsco Infrastructure in a combined transaction valued at $2.5 billion.
- Tribune Media Company in its spin-off of Tribune Publishing Company.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of Creative Circle, one of North America’s largest independent staffing firms specializing in advertising, creative and marketing talent.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $1.05 billion acquisition of a majority ownership stake in Wilsonart International Holdings, the decorative surfaces unit of Illinois Tool Works.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of Access Cash, a Canadian independent service organization that manages the country’s second largest network of automated teller machines.
- Prime Licenciamentos e Participações in its transfer of certain intellectual property rights of Brazilian soccer star Pelé to Sport 10 Limited.
- Galderma as the stalking horse in a Section 363 sale by Graceway Pharmaceuticals.
Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a 60% stake in Hussmann International, a leading global manufacturer of refrigerated display merchandizing equipment and refrigeration systems for the retail food industry, from Ingersoll Rand.
- Altegrity and Providence Equity Partners in the acquisition of CVM Solutions, a leading provider of supplier management technology and data solutions.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of EmployBridge, a provider of outsourced human resource and specialty-branded temporary staffing services.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2007, J.D.
- Yeshiva University, 2004, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$$