Uriel A. Mendieta’s practice focuses on general corporate representation, including mergers and acquisitions, structured finance, and national and international project finance. Uriel has represented clients seeking to engage in infrastructure projects through public-private partnerships with governmental entities.
- Represented international energy company in connection with EPC Contracts for power facilities in Mexico.
- Represented one of the members of a joint venture in the procurement of a US $1.2 billion concession to design, construct and finance the Port of Miami Tunnel through a concession agreement with the Florida Department of Transportation.
- Represented special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) formed for purpose of investing in sugar and ethanol industry in Brazil in issuance of $150 million units (consisting of shares and warrants) and subsequent acquisition of sugar and ethanol production facilities.
- Represented the winning consortium in the procurement of a concession to construct and operate a 106 km toll road in the Dominican Republic and the financing of same through the issuance of bonds. Representation included preparation of EPC and O&M contracts for design, construction and maintenance of toll road.
- Acted as special Florida counsel to the owner and developer of a private toll road in northern Florida, focusing on Florida constitutional and regulatory requirements relating to same.
- Represented one of the members of the joint venture in the procurement and financing of a project to design build and finance managed toll express lanes in Miami-Dade County. This project was advanced by the Florida Department of Transportation under its 5 year work program in accordance with Florida’s public private transportation statute.
- Represented one of the members of a joint venture involved in the procurement of public private projects in Florida, New York and Texas.
- Represented Banco Santander, S.A. in a US $3.5 billion transaction involving the transfer of assets under management held by Seller in Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Brazil & Venezuela.
- Represented Banco de Sabadell, S.A. in transaction involving transfer to Sabadell of assets under management and loans held by the Miami Branch of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.
- Represented Central America’s largest financial group, in its US $1.77 billion sale to HSBC Holdings.
- Represented one of Spain’s leading construction groups in expansion into oil waste management in the U.S. through its acquisition of two subsidiaries of Siemens Water Technologies Corp. for US $182.4 million.
- Represented a Danish company, one of the world’s largest suppliers of frozen bread products, in its acquisition of a Florida-based company.
- Represented debtor in US $95 million senior secured bridge loan facility for construction of a toll road in the Dominican Republic.
- Represented lender in US $165 million construction loan for the refinancing and refurbishing of a hotel and resort facility.
- Represented lender in US $50 million credit facility for hotel and resort facility.
- Represented lender in US $100 million secured loan to Chilean conglomerate.
- Represented real estate private equity fund in securing US $50 million line of credit for use as a warehousing facility.
- Represented lender in US $43 million syndicated loan facility to Mexican ferry operator for vessel purchase.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, cum laude, 2005
- MA, International Business,, University of Florida, cum laude, program included semester at ESADE in Barcelona, Spain, 2002
- BA, Political Science, Minor in Business Administration, University of Florida, cum laude, 2000
- Member, Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA)
- Member, Council of the Americas
- Member, Spain-US Chamber of Commerce, Florida and New York
- Member, Brazilian-US Chamber of Commerce, Florida and New York
- Member, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Beacon Council
- Member, World Services Group
Rate : $$$