Uzoamaka N. Okoye is a construction associate in the firm’s New York office where she advises clients on all aspects of construction law. Uzo has extensive experience litigating construction-related matters and issues. As well, she advises clients with respect to environmental and general commercial disputes.
Uzo has represented potentially responsible parties in litigation and administrative actions initiated by the United States Environmental Protection Agency, state governmental authorities, and private parties.
Prior to and during law school Uzo worked as a project engineer for an engineering consulting firm and often applies her technical background when counseling and representing clients.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- American Bar Association – Sections: Litigation.
- National Bar Association – 2009-2010 Young Lawyers Division, Board Member.
- African Services Committee – Member, Board of Directors, 2009 – Present; Chair 2011 – Present.
Professional Experience :
- Judicial Clerk to Chief Justice Stuart Rabner, Supreme Court of New Jersey, 2009-2010
- Environmental Engineer, Metcalf & Eddy of New York, Inc./ AECOM, 1999-2006
- Rutgers Law School, J.D., 2006
- Polytechnic University (n/k/a NYU Tandon Sch. of Eng.), M.S., 1999
- American University, B.S., 1995
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey, New York
COURT ADMISSIONS : U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Rate : $$$