Rafael Stone chairs the firm’s Investment Management practice group and advises over 30 public pension funds located throughout the United States, in all aspects of public pension fund alternative investments. His practice focuses on U.S. and international private equity, hedge funds, infrastructure, real estate, opportunistic funds and direct investments.
In his role as Chair of the Investment Management practice, Rafael has successfully navigated through a significant number of workouts and overseen litigation involving disputes between our investor clients and the fund managers.
He has practiced in this area since 1989. In 2015, Rafael was named to The National Black Lawyers Top 100 list, a professional honorary association recognizing preeminent black lawyers nationally. Rafael is a frequent speaker at alternative investment conferences across the country.
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 1973
- B.A., University of Washington, 1970
- Washington, 1973
- Arizona, 2010
- District of Columbia, 2000
- New York, 2000
EXPERIENCE : Foster Pepper PLLC
- Africa Investor, Advisory Board
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys
- Pension Real Estate Association
- African American Heritage Foundation
Rate : $$$