Valarie Standefer Zeeck joined GTH in 1997. Her primary area of practice is employment law and litigation. She advises and provides training to owners, managers and employees in employment law in order to help them reduce litigation expense and risk. She also defends employers in employment-related litigation, focusing on extracting clients from litigation at the earliest possible stage.
Valarie has written and co-authored several papers for legal publications and periodicals and has been a frequent speaker on legal matters at educational and business seminars. She is a member of the Pierce County chapter of Washington Women Lawyers.
A stellar corporate citizen, Valarie has contributed her time and knowledge to a great number of civic organizations and community causes including Families Unlimited Network, Tacoma Chamber of Commerce, Chambers Creek Foundation, Ark Institute of Learning, Tacoma-Pierce County YMCA, Tacoma Philharmonic, Charles Wright Academy, Greater Tacoma Community Foundation, and the Association of Washington Business.
- J.D., University of Missouri, Kansas City School of Law, 1979
- B.A., University of Missouri, Kansas City, 1976
JURISDICTIONS ADMITTED TO PRACTICE:
- Washington State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
PROFESSIONAL & BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS:
- Robert J. Bryan Inns of Court
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$