Valentina Castillo is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Washington DC office and a member of the Banking & Finance practice and Emerging Markets, Project Finance and Latin America & the Caribbean groups.
Valentina advises both lenders and sponsors in the areas of project finance, structured finance and acquisition financing, particularly in Latin America. Her Latin American experience includes transactions in Chile, Ecuador, El Salvador, Panama and Honduras.
Valentina has experience representing commercial banks and multilateral organizations in connection with international project finance and development transactions, including power projects.
- Columbia University, BA
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD
- New York
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Represented the investors in the B-bond refinancing of the Campo Palomas wind farm in Uruguay. This was only the second B-bond structure used by IIC/IDB.
- Represented Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) as lender, in connection with three direct loans totaling $33.6 million to finance the construction and operation of three solar projects in Panama.
- Represented the arrangers, lenders and administrative agent in connection with a $223 million loan to finance the acquisition by Promerica Financial Corporation of Citibank’s Guatemalan banking operations and secured by assets in Ecuador, Honduras, Panama, Guatemala and the Dominican Republic.
- Represented a multilateral agency, as lender, in a $48 million loan facility to finance small business loans.
- Represented OPIC in an approximately $15 million financing of an off-grid electricity provider in Nigeria.
- Represented the Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC), as lender, in connection with a $5 million secured loan to Telconet, S.A., an Ecuadorian telecommunications company.
- Represented IFC and OPIC in a $212.5 million construction loan facility to finance the construction of the approximately 100.85 MW Amanecer Solar CAP project in Chile.
- Represented IFC and OPIC in an approximately $100 million construction loan facility to finance the construction of the 50.7 MW San Andres merchant solar project in Chile.
- Represented the sponsor in an approximately $280 million financing of a 200 MW wind project in Texas.
Rate : $$$