Valerie Henderson, an associate in Baker Donelson’s Houston office, concentrates her practice in commercial disputes, insurance defense, and consumer finance-related litigation. Ms. Henderson represents clients in the areas of business litigation, insurance defense, and consumer finance-related litigation.
She has significant experience with insurance defense litigation, including handling first-party residential and commercial property claims as well as third-party claims throughout Texas. Ms. Henderson has defended numerous cases involving allegations of bad faith, insurance code violations, and coverage issues.
Ms. Henderson also defends mortgage lending and servicing clients in litigation concerning residential mortgage transactions, lending liability, state and federal regulatory compliance, and real estate title issues. She regularly represents lending institutions in litigation related to collection issues and alleged statutory violations.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2011
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A. Management and Marketing, 2008
- The Kinkaid School, 2004
- Texas, 2011
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas, 2012
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2013
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2018
- Obtained numerous summary judgments and dismissals throughout Texas on behalf of lenders and mortgage servicers regarding borrowers’ allegations related to standing to foreclose, regulatory issues, and alleged servicer errors.
- Obtained numerous summary judgments and dismissals on behalf of insurance companies and adjusters in first-party property claims throughout Texas related to bad faith allegations, statutory violations, and coverage issues.
- Successfully defended a financial institution in arbitration against allegations of Texas Debt Collection Act violations as well as other causes of action. Successfully handled a later appeal of the final judgement before the Court of Appeals for the Fifth District of Texas at Dallas.
- Successfully handled numerous appeals of final judgments in favor of mortgage servicers and lending institutions before the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals as well as various appellate courts in Texas.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – The Junior League of Houston
- Member – Grace United Methodist Church
Rate : $$$$