Valerie Barker is an associate in the Intellectual PropertyPractice group in Austin. Ms. Barker works on a wide range of intellectual property matters, focusing primarily on patent litigation and patent prosecution.
She regularly handles complex disputes involving concurrent proceedings in Federal Courts, the International Trade Commission (ITC) and proceedings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Ms. Barker’s technical background in aerospace and mechanical engineering spans wind tunnel testing, flight testing, aircraft manufacturing, fluid dynamics, aircraft stability and control, flying qualities and aircraft design.
Prior to joining Baker Botts, Ms. Barker worked as an engineer at The Boeing Company in Seattle, where she focused on lean manufacturing and process improvement. Ms. Barker also worked as an engineer at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company in Fort Worth, Texas, where she focused on flight testing of the F-16 and stability and control design for the F-35.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law 2013
- M.S., engineering management, Southern Methodist University 2005
- B.S., aerospace engineering, Oklahoma State University 2003
Admission & Affiliations :
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$