Valerie Delp is an associate in Alston & Bird’s Corporate Transactions & Securities Group. She focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions, SEC reporting, securities law compliance, public and private offerings, corporate governance, and general corporate matters.
Val also maintains a robust pro bono practice. She assists two local nonprofits with governance matters and regularly works with AARP Legal Counsel for the Elderly to provide estate planning services for low-income seniors in D.C.
Val previously worked in legislative offices of both the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives. She also spent several election cycles developing and implementing fundraising strategies on political campaigns.
Val obtained her J.D., cum laude, from American University Washington College of Law and her B.A. in political science and women’s studies from Emory University. During law school, Val interned at the White House in the Office of Legislative Affairs.
- District of Columbia
- American University (J.D., 2014)
- Emory University (B.A., 2008)
- National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL)
- Everybody Wins! Washington, DC, volunteer
- Counsel to a worldwide leader in automotive safety in corporate and securities matters.
- Counsel to a global provider of conferencing and collaboration solutions in the sale to a private equity group for $1 billion.
- Represented a publicly traded mortgage real estate investment trust (REIT) in a merger with a privately held REIT.
- Represented a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company in a cash tender offer for all outstanding shares of an investment banking and asset management firm.
- Represented a global provider of conferencing and collaboration solutions with the acquisition of a cloud communications provider.
Rate : $$$$