Valérie Demont is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s New York Office. Ms. Demont focuses her practice primarily on U.S. and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and securities offerings and corporate governance matters.
She has been involved in numerous mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and dispositions for corporations and private equity funds in the U.S., Europe and Asia (including India). In particular, she routinely advises foreign companies with the establishment and growth of their operations in the United States.
Ms. Demont also represents U.S. and non-U.S. issuers and underwriters in a wide range of primary and secondary capital markets and securities offering financing transactions involving equity, debt, convertible and hybrid securities. These transactions include IPOs, private placements and offshore securities offerings and the establishment of American Depositary Receipt (ADR) programs.
She handles complex securities and financing transactions, including debt restructurings, exchange offers, debt tender offers and consent solicitations. In addition, Ms. Demont regularly advises companies on their reporting obligations under U.S. securities laws as well as corporate governance and other compliance obligations under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and stock exchange regulations. Ms. Demont is a frequent speaker at events focused on cross-border trade and has written or contributed to several publications.Ms. Demont has represented:
- A French publicly-traded energy group in its acquisition of an energy distribution business in the U.S.
- a private equity fund with an acquisition and a separate joint venture in the trucking and transportation logistics company
- the owners of schools focused on special education needs with the sale of the business to a private equity fund
- an Indian publicly traded IT company with several U.S. acquisitions of IT services providers for the insurance industry
- a leading global provider of business information solutions to law firms, corporations and government with its acquisition of a leading Indian publisher
- a French radiopharmaceuticals company in an acquisition of a network of specialized pharmacies in the U.S.
- a leading construction materials supplier and heavy highway contractor, in the $250 million Rule 144A offering of its high yield debt securities
- the owner and operator of casino resorts in Las Vegas and Macau with its $700 million IPO and listing on the NYSE
- a publicly traded REIT in connection with a $300 million bridge financing facility and public offerings of common stock and preferred stock to finance an acquisition
- a publicly traded telecommunications company with its $320 million acquisition of a publicly traded telecommunications company
- an NYSE-listed owner and operator of casino resorts in Las Vegas and Macau with the $850 million Rule 144A offering of its high yield secured debt securities and tender offer for its existing bonds
- the leading North American producer and processor of multifilament polyester and nylon yarns with the $190 million Rule 144A offering of its high yield senior secured notes to refinance existing debt and related tender offer for its outstanding notes
- a Canadian public mining company with its $1 billion and $500 million registered offerings of investment grade debt securities under the MJDS regime
- LL.M., Columbia Law School, 1995
- LL.M., University of Paris II – Pantheon-Assas, 1994
- LL.B., University of Rennes, 1991
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$