Valerie Mock is an intellectual property associate in the firm’s Atlanta office and focuses her practice on all areas of intellectual property law, including patent, trademark, and copyright litigation and prosecution.
Valerie guides clients through various intellectual property issues under both federal and state law, including patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets.
She counsels a variety of organizations, diverse in scope and size, but her commitment to helping clients navigate the intricacies of intellectual property law is consistent throughout her practice.
Valerie has counseled clients in proceedings in federal district and appellate courts, state court, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board; and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
In her practice, Valerie has worked with a variety of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, agricultural products and motorized winches.
Representative Matters :
- Served as counsel for a plaintiff retailer in patent infringement litigation concerning the retail sale of goods manufactured by a third party.
- Advised a plaintiff flooring retailer in a trademark dispute regarding infringement of a product trademark.
- Defended a retail company in trademark infringement litigation concerning a service mark for advertising services.
- Represented a plaintiff retailer in copyright infringement litigation regarding the unauthorized use of copyrighted products.
- Defended an insurance organization in a copyright infringement dispute over marketing materials.
Professional and Community Involvement : Intellectual Property and Entertainment & Sports Law sections, State Bar of Georgia
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2017, Notes and Comments Editor, Wake Forest Law Review
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., 2013, Biology
BAR ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$