Valerie B. Mullican is a commercial litigator whose current practice is focused on managed care litigation. Valerie’s experience with complex commercial litigation spans several practice areas.
She has represented clients in state and federal court, appellate courts, and before administrative tribunals in cases involving managed care, antitrust, contract and employment disputes, trade secrets, business torts, unfair and deceptive trade practices, insurance coverage, financial institutions, environmental issues and intellectual property.
- Representing clients in litigation involving claims for patent infringement, unfair competition, and theft of trade secrets. For example, Valerie was an integral member of a trial team that defended a manufacturer against multi-million dollar claims for alleged theft of trade secrets, patent infringement and related matters following introduction of a new product feature. All claims that were not resolved in the client’s favor on summary judgment were tried to a defense verdict after a 6-day jury trial in federal court.
- Representing and advising clients in civil litigation, internal investigations and criminal investigations by the United States Department of Justice (DOJ), including the DOJ’s investigation into alleged price fixing and bid rigging in the auto parts industry. Valerie also represented a manufacturer in a civil lawsuit and related class actions involving the use of resale price maintenance policies.
- Representing clients in a variety of matters involving claims for breach of contract, non-compete agreements, trademark infringement, breach of warranty, fraud and other business torts.
- Litigating claims involving the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and successfully defending the issuance of air and water permits to private and municipal utilities.
- JD, University of Chicago Law School, with honors, 2003
- BS, Journalism, Northwestern University, cum laude, 2000
- North Carolina
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- US District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- US District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- US District Court, Western District of Michigan
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Rate : $$$