With expertise that covers the full range of employment and labor law, Van Goodwin routinely defends employers in complex employment litigation in both state and federal courts, as well as in agency proceedings before the U. S. Department of Labor, the National Labor Relations Board and various California agencies responsible for the enforcement of California employment and labor relations laws.
He has extensive experience representing clients in matters involving : Employment discrimination, Sexual harassment, Wrongful termination, Personnel / human resources issues.
He also devotes a significant part of his practice to labor law involving : Collective bargaining Labor arbitrations, Union organizing, NLRB proceedings. Additionally, Van counsels and conducts training for employers in all aspects of employment and labor law, including :
- Preventing employment discrimination and sexual harassment
- Counter-union organizing
- Lawful hiring and termination
He also frequently speaks on employment and labor relations issues before numerous national, state and local business and professional associations.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 1980
- B.A., California State University, Long Beach, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
Rate : $$$$