Van Durrer leads Skadden’s corporate restructuring practice in the western United States and advises clients in restructuring matters around the Pacific Rim. Mr. Durrer regularly represents public and private companies, major secured creditors, official and unofficial committees of unsecured creditors, investors and asset-purchasers in troubled company M&A, financings and restructuring transactions, including out-of-court workouts and formal insolvency proceedings.
Selected industries in which Mr. Durrer has provided restructuring advice include financial services, gaming, entertainment, health care, hospitality, information technology, logistics, manufacturing, real estate, retail and telecommunications.
Matters he has handled have been recognized in publications such as the Financial Times’ U.S. Innovative Lawyers report, and received the Chapter 11 Reorganization of the Year (Upper Middle Market) by M&A Advisor’s 6th Annual Turnaround Awards.
Mr. Durrer has moderated panels and participated as a guest speaker for the Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors, Turnaround Management Association, American Bankruptcy Institute, Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum, Practising Law Institute and other organizations globally.
- J.D., University of Maryland School of Law, 1993
- B.A., Johns Hopkins University, 1990
- District of Columbia
- Insolvency Law Committee, Business Law Section, State Bar of California (Member, 2011-Present; Co-chair, 2014-15)
- Member, Advisory Committee on Valuation, American Bankruptcy Institute Commission to Study the Reform of Chapter 11 (2012-14)
- Turnaround Management Association (Member, 2001-Present; Board of Trustees, 2015-16)
- Member, International Bar Association (2011-Present)
- Executive Board of American Board of Certification, Business Bankruptcy (2012-Present)
Rate : $$$