Vanessa Dittman’s practice focuses on environmental and toxic tort litigation, representing clients before state and federal environmental agencies. She has experience in hazardous waste laws, including Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) enforcement actions, RCRA 2020 corrective action plans, RCRA site management representation litigation related to imminent endangerment actions in federal court and representation of joint defense groups in RCRA enforcement actions.
She has also represented clients in CERCLA litigation, including cost recovery and contribution actions. Vanessa has counseled clients on Clean Water Act laws and regulations, including assisting various industrial clients with National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System and storm water permits; represented clients with evolving Clean Air Act regulations and related litigation; intervened in the D.C. Circuit on a challenge to greenhouse gas regulations (related to Cross-State Air Pollution Rule) and assisted clients with planning for new MACT regulations; assisted clients in the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act and the Toxic Substances Control Act enforcement actions; and represented clients in toxic tort litigation.
She has also recently assisted a client with the registration of its chemicals under the European Union’s Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (or REACH) program. Vanessa has also assisted clients with environmental, safety and health audits of their facilities.
The clients Vanessa has represented include agricultural companies; cement companies; chemical companies, including laboratories and manufacturing facilities; public utilities and sewer districts; development companies; processing facilities; and manufacturing companies nationally. Vanessa also completed a secondment in-house with a large pharmaceutical client.
- J.D., University of Colorado Law School, 2011
- Colorado Journal of International Environmental Law and Policy, Notes Editor
- Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
- Merit Scholarship recipient
- M.S. in Environmental Studies, University of Colorado, 2011 (Energy Studies)
- Colorado Governor’s Office of Legal Counsel
- B.S., with highest honors, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, 2006
- Dads Association Library Award
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
Rate : $$$