Vanessa Simpson concentrates her practice in product liability, focusing on pharmaceutical and medical device matters. With a strong background in trial advocacy and court practice, as well as a deep commitment to helping her community, she brings real-world experience, compassion and discipline to her work for clients facing the challenges of litigation.
Before joining Shook, Vanessa completed a judicial clerkship for the Hon. Zoe Bush, now a Senior Judge for the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. Vanessa also is a veteran of the U.S. Army Reserve, and served as a military police officer.
- J.D., Howard University School of Law, 2016
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award (Legal Writing II)
- Association of Corporate Counsel Corporate Scholar, Class of 2015
- Huver I. Brown Trial Advocacy Team, Captain
- Fair Housing Clinic, Student Attorney
- Intern, United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia
- Intern, The Hon. John M. Mott, Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Intern, Carey International, Inc.
- B.S., Florida International University, 2011 (Criminal Justice; Minor in Communications)
- Bright Futures Educational Scholarship Recipient
- Academic Dean’s List
- Delta Epsilon Iota Academic Honor Society
- D.C. 4th Annual Anti-Violence Youth Summit, Volunteer
- College Bound, Tutor
- SAT Prep, Tutor
- Memorial Healthcare Systems H.E.R.O. Program, Volunteer
- Clerk for the Hon. Zoe Bush, Senior Judge for the Superior Court of the District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$