Vanessa L. Towarnicky’s primary focus is in the area of labor and employment law. She has been involved in representing clients in various employment cases, including sexual harassment; deliberate intent; age, race, and disability discrimination; wrongful discharge; and various other employment-related torts. She is admitted to various state and federal courts as well as the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mrs. Towarnicky provides guidance to clients with regard to compliance issues arising under state and federal employment laws, including FMLA, ADA, Title VII, the West Virginia Human Rights Act, and the Wage Payment and Collection Act. She also advises employers on compliance with the requirements of the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act.
Mrs. Towarnicky frequently authors and presents seminars to private companies, various organizations, and public institutions on a variety of employment-related subjects.
- Pursued numerous summary judgment motions for employers in a variety of employment disputes
- Advised and trained public employers on compliance with federal and state employment laws
- Managed substantial documentation in complex deliberate intent matter for a major energy client
- J.D. West Virginia University
- M.B.A. West Virginia University
- B.S.B.A. West Virginia University
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Mid-Ohio Valley Chamber of Commerce
Rate : $$$$