Vanessa Vogler focuses her practice on labor and employment law. Her experience includes defending employers in individual employment disputes, as well as mutiplaintiff and class action litigation in federal courts.
Vanessa has represented employers against claims arising under 42 U.S.C. § 1981, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, and various other federal and state labor and employment laws. She has experience with multiple stages of litigation, including factual investigation, deposition preparation, mediation preparation, motions practice, and settlement.
In addition, Vanessa advises clients in the contexts of counseling and M&A on various labor and employment matters, such as noncompete agreements, nonsolicitation agreements, severance agreements, independent contractor agreements, and employee handbooks.
Vanessa maintains an active pro bono practice, including matters from the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyer’s Foundation representing domestic violence victims seeking protective orders against their abusers. While in law school, she worked in the Virginia Law Innocence Project Clinic, which provides pro bono legal assistance to prisoners in the mid-Atlantic region of the United States who may have been wrongfully convicted.
- University of Virginia (J.D. 2016; Editorial Board, Virginia Journal of International Law; President, Virginia Law Moot Court Team and Virginia Law National Trial Advocacy Team); University of Florida (B.A. summa cum laude in Criminology and French 2012, Honors College; Phi Beta Kappa)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia and District of Columbia
- Flowers Foods to acquire Canyon Bakehouse for $205 million
- Adecco Group acquires Vettery
- Sierra Wireless acquires Numerex Corp. for $107 million
- Jones Day secures predicate order for unaccompanied minor
Rate : $$$