Vaughn H. Morrison represents financing parties, utility companies and sponsors in the development, construction, financing and operational management of, primarily, renewable energy projects. Having guided many projects through their life cycle, Vaughn offers clients uncommon foresight and acumen.
Vaughn’s practice is divided into four categories:
- Project Finance: Represent financing parties and sponsors in the negotiation and documentation of construction, term and tax equity financing of energy projects, including through the use of sale-leaseback, partnership flip and joint venture structures.
- Project Development: Represent utility affiliates and sponsors in the development of energy projects, including the negotiation of supply, offtake, EPC, interconnection, O&M and other project agreements.
- Project M&A: Represent utility affiliates and sponsors in the purchase and sale of energy projects, including the negotiation of membership interest purchase agreements and asset purchase agreements, and the management and documentation of construction, take-out and back leverage financing.
Vaughn typically serves as the deal lead, managing the transaction process, negotiating key transaction documents and overseeing the constellation of specialist counsel engaged on projects. In this capacity, he maintains fluency in every aspect of a transaction, ensuring cohesive representation across subject matter.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a utility affiliate in connection with the acquisition of a series of solar generating facilities totaling in excess of 800MW nameplate capacity.
- Represented a financing party in connection with the tax equity financing of a 250MW solar generating facility.
- Represented a utility affiliate in the development of one of the first utility-scale (80MW) energy storage projects in the United States.
- Represented a sponsor in connection with construction, term and partnership flip financing facilities sized in each case in excess of $200 million.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2013, Editor in Chief, Journal of Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law
- Denison University, B.A., cum laude, 2010
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$