Vera C. Neinast represents a broad range of energy clients in the federal and state regulation of the natural gas, LNG, oil and natural gas liquids industries. She also advises in the negotiation of related commercial agreements.Vera has extensive experience in virtually all aspects of natural gas and oil regulation. She has represented a diverse range of clients, including interstate and intrastate natural gas pipelines; midstream companies (gatherers and processors); gas storage companies; liquefied natural gas (LNG) developers; and pipeline customers, including producers, marketers and end users.
Vera spent two years working in the Office of the General Counsel at FERC, where she gained insight into the mindset of officials charged with regulating oil and gas pipelines. She routinely represents clients in infrastructure development, rate cases, complaints, tariff proceedings and confidential enforcement matters before FERC.Vera has counseled oil and oil product pipeline developers and shippers on Interstate Commerce Act (ICA) jurisdiction and tariff matters, and has provided guidance to industry participants on regulatory requirements in Texas and other states.
She has represented interstate pipelines and marketers in natural gas import and export proceedings before the U.S. Department of Energy. She also represents intrastate pipelines, gas utilities and producers before the Railroad Commission of Texas.Vera also negotiates agreements for service on oil and gas pipelines and on unregulated midstream facilities, such as gathering, processing and fractionation facilities, as well as agreements for the purchase and sale of natural gas, oil and oil products.
- Served in the Office of the General Counsel at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
- Experience in virtually all aspects of oil and natural gas regulation.
- Advising large energy company with respect to regulatory, pipeline, and gas supply issues related to LNG exports.
- Represented a large energy company in a self-report to FERC enforcement staff. Prepared all submissions to FERC and guided the legal strategy in the investigation. FERC closed the self-report with no fines for the client.
- Provided regulatory advice to a developer of a common-carrier crude oil pipeline and its marketing affiliate regarding federal and state regulatory issues, including preparing a FERC rules and regulations tariff for shipments over the line and preparation of transportation service agreements.
- For a large natural gas producer, assisting with negotiating all gas sales and asset management agreements. Helped to streamline the client’s gas sales template and provided training on gas sales agreements to the marketing team.
- Negotiating Precedent Agreements and negotiated rate agreements for service over interstate pipelines.
- Counseled a local distribution company, a producer and gatherers on compliance with Department of Transportation and state pipeline safety regulations.
- J.D., The Ohio State University College of Law, 1980
- B.A., Wright State University, summa cum laude, 1977
- U.S. Tax Court
Rate : $$$$