Vera L. Suarez is a registered patent attorney in the Intellectual Property Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. Vera focuses her practice on preparing and prosecuting domestic and international patent applications.
Vera has experience with a wide range of technologies, including mechanical systems, computer software, and medical devices, such as stents and ophthalmologic equipment. She often draws on her previous experience in the oilfield when interviewing inventors and preparing patent applications that relate to downhole tools. Vera worked on an offshore oilrig off the coast of Mexico and, for the majority of the time, was the only woman present on her rig.
Prior to attending law school, Vera worked domestically and internationally as a mechanical engineer performing property loss prevention evaluations. In this role, she visited a wide variety of locations and consulted with the local management of each.
These locations included a cigarette production facility; a breast implant manufacturing facility; multiple foundries; water treatment plants; an alumina refinery; a gypsum board and corrugated paper manufacturing facility; an aircraft engine testing and maintenance facility; prisons; and a multi-billion dollar medical center.
Professional and Community Activities :
- Member, the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas Leadership Society
- The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn American Inn of Court, Student Member, 2011-2012
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, cum laude; SMU International Law Review Association, Articles Editor
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Oklahoma State University
- Intern to the Honorable Judge Amos Mazzant, U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Eastern District of Texas
- Intern to the Honorable Judge A. Joe Fish, U.S. District Judge for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
Rate : $$$