Vic Fazio served for 20 years as a member of Congress, representing California’s 3rd District. During his tenure of distinguished public service, he was appointed to the House Appropriations Committee, serving as a subcommittee chairman and ranking member for 18 years. He was also a member of the Armed Services, Budget, Ethics and House Administration committees. In addition to his role on the Appropriations Committee, Vic was active in the Democratic leadership of the House, holding several appointive and elected positions. He served as the vice chair of the Democratic Caucus from 1989 until 1994, when he was elected chairman, the third-ranking position in the House.
Vic was the chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the political arm of the House Democrats, for four years in the early 1990s. He was also a Majority Whip-at-large and served as a regional representative on the Democratic Steering and Policy Committee.
Before his election to Congress, Vic served in the California State Assembly. Prior to being elected to public office, he was a senior assistant to the speaker of the California Assembly.
After his retirement from Congress in 1998, Vic served as the co-managing partner of the strategic communications consulting firm Clark & Weinstock in Washington. He has a significant background in journalism and co-founded the California Journal, a periodical covering state government and politics.
- Former U.S. Congressman advising clients on a range of public policy and government relations issues.
- Former Board Member, Center for Strategic Budgetary Assessments.
- Board Chair, The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation.
- Former Member, Advisory Board, UC Davis Medical School.
- Former Member, Advisory Board, Congressional Management Foundation.
- Board Member, Prevent Cancer Foundation.
- Former Board Member, The American Stock Exchange.
- Board Member, The United States Association of Former Members of Congress.
- Former Board Member, Northrop Grumman Corporation.
- Board Member, National Parks Conservation Association.
- Former Board Member, the Campaign Finance Institute.
- Former Board Member, Energy Future Coalition.
- Board Member, the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.
- B.A., Union College, 1965
Rate : $$$