Vicky J. Alvarez has extensive experience in identifying and developing expert witnesses across the nation in assorted types of products liability litigation. She has also deposed many different types of medical experts such as gastroenterologists, oncologists, internists and pulmonologists.
Vicky has served as counsel for Lorillard and Philip Morris in Florida, Alabama, Texas and Massachusetts. She has helped defend Wyeth in Texas and Florida in litigation resulting from the diet drugs Pondimin® and Redux®.
She has also represented several medical device manufacturers in Texas. In addition to product liability cases, she previously defended medical malpractice, hospital credentialing and employment law cases.
Vicky is a fellow of the Houston Young Lawyers Foundation and has served on its long-range planning committee. She is also a fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and a member of the Houston Bar Association, the Houston Bar Foundation, the Houston Young Lawyers Association, Defense Research Institute, Texas Association of Defense Counsel and the State Bar of Texas Association.
She is a former director of the Houston Young Lawyers Association, where she worked with fundraising committees for Special Olympics and other charities. She has also co-chaired the Houston Young Lawyers Association Fun Run Committee, which benefits the Houston Young Lawyers Foundation.
Vicky is also active in the firm’s pro bono activities. Almost all of her pro bono cases have involved children and parental rights.
- J.D., Houston College of Law, 1994
- Order of the Barristers
- Order of the Lytae
- B.S., Texas A&M University, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Defense Research Institute
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Bar Foundation
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Former Director
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, Fellow; Planning Committee
State Bar of Texas Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
Rate : $$$