Victor Chiu is Senior Attorney of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Victor Chiu’s practice focuses on commercial financing, including specialties in secured transactions and leveraged finance.
Victor joined the firm in 2001 and became a senior attorney in 2011. He also worked in customer business development for Procter & Gamble from 1995 to 1998.
- A Korean conglomerate in the refinancing of its $1.3 billion U.S. and EMEA credit facilities.
- A private investment fund as lender in a $115 million debtor-in-possession loan facility to an energy company.
- Axip Energy Services (formerly known as Valerus Compression Services) in financing matters relating to the sale of its international services business and its aftermarket services business.
- Valerus Compression Services in its refinancing transactions in connection with its sale of Valerus Field Solutions to Kentz Corporation.
- Warburg Pincus in the financing for its acquisition of Electronic Funds Source.
- Citibank in certain Japanese hedging and swap arrangements with a U.S. hedge fund.
- A casino operator in the project financing of a New York casino and subsequent $350 million refinancing of the term loan and revolving credit facilities.
- OGX in its debtor-in-possession financing.
- Member of the Uniform Commercial Law Committee and the Commercial Finance Committee of the American Bar Association Business Law Section; current UCC Committee co-chair of the Joint Task Force of Security Interests in LLC and Other Unincorporated Entity Interests; former Commercial Finance Committee co-chair of the Joint Task Force on Commercial Finance Terms and Online Discussion Forum
- Member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York; member of the ABCNY Committee on Commercial and Uniform State Laws
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2001
- Harvard College, A.B., 1995
- New York
Rate : $$$$