Victor Hollender advises on a wide range of U.S. and international tax matters, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, cross-border financings, spin-offs, initial public offerings and complex capital markets transactions.
Mr. Hollender regularly advises publicly traded corporations, financial institutions and fund managers in their tax planning. He also represents a number of foreign governments, foreign pension funds and sovereign wealth funds in private equity and real estate investments.
Mr. Hollender has represented:
- BlackRock in its sale of its Indian joint venture to its partner DSP Group Inc.; its acquisition of the asset management business of Citibanamex, a subsidiary of Citigroup Inc.; its acquisition of certain assets of BlackRock Kelso Capital Advisors LLC; and its acquisition of Infraestructura Institucional S. de R.L. de C.V.;
- The Blackstone Group L.P. in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Stearns Lending LLC, a retail mortgage origination and servicing company;
- Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp. in its $690 million initial public offering, named the top matter in the Driving Value category in the Financial Times’ 2017 North America Innovative Lawyers report;
- Joh. A. Benckiser GmbH, a holding company based in Germany, as the lead investor in its $9.8 billion acquisition of D.E. Master Blenders 1753 N.V. (2016 Loan Deal of the Year at the International Financial Law Review European Awards);
- Realogy Corporation in its debt refinancing, which included the issuance of $2.7 billion of new extended maturity notes and new convertible notes in exchange for outstanding unsecured notes; and its subsequent $1.2 billion initial public offering;
- GP Investments Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its business combination with Rimini Street, Inc., a global provider of independent enterprise software support services;
- Anchorage Capital Group, L.L.C., along with EIG Global Energy Partners and Guggenheim Partners, LLC, in their $1 billion investment in 9.25% senior secured second lien notes due 2020 and perpetual convertible preferred units of Breitburn Energy Partners LP;
Mr. Hollender lectures in continuing legal education programs and is a contributing author to the Practising Law Institute’s Federal Income Taxation Seminar on topics relating to financial products, partnerships and joint ventures.
Mr. Hollender repeatedly has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as one of the country’s leading tax practitioners.
- J.D., The University of Chicago Law School (honors)
- B.A., The University of Chicago (honors; Phi Beta Kappa)
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$$