Victoria L. Gray counsels employers in a wide range of labor and employment matters, including state and federal court litigation and proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and the Chicago Commission on Human Relations.
She advises and represents clients on leave management and disability accommodation policies, employment discrimination, harassment, and in matters related to:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Illinois Human Rights Act
Her practice also encompasses labor relations and she represents management in labor disputes, arbitrations, unfair labor practice charges, and provides advice and counsel on matters before federal and state labor relations board.
Victoria also conducts confidential internal investigations involving allegations of employee misconduct, workplace harassment, and discriminatory treatment.
As a former assistant state’s attorney, she obtained first chair bench and jury trial experience in both civil and criminal matters. Previously, she served as chief in-house labor and employment counsel for a mass transit agency and practiced for five years at an international law firm in Chicago managing business litigation and corporate governance matters.
Victoria also served as a federal judicial law clerk for the Hon. Sharon Johnson Coleman in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
During law school, Victoria served as an intern with the U.S. Attorney’s Office and as a judicial extern for the Hon. Amy St. Eve, both in the Northern District of Illinois, and was a member of the Law Review and Order of the Coif.
Education : J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Volunteer Teacher, Chicago Legal Prep Charter School
- Volunteer, Street Law Program, West Town Academy, 2018
- Volunteer, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Legal Clinic, 2017-2018
Rate : $$$