Victoria Silver Hayes Pool is a corporate and securities attorney who has a complementary public finance practice. Victoria advises public and private companies and their boards of directors on corporate governance issues and securities compliance and disclosure matters, and guides her clients through significant business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, and private placements.
Having served for six months on a secondment assignment as in-house counsel for a Fortune 10 company, she brings unique and valuable first-hand experience and insight to her public company clients.
In her public finance law practice, Victoria acts as bond counsel, and represents issuers, underwriters, and borrowers, in a wide range of public finance transactions, including tax-exempt and taxable financings, public offerings and private placements, 501(c)(3) financings, conduit offerings, refundings, commercial paper programs, and short-term financings.
Consistent, dependable, and empathetic, Victoria develops relationships of trust and respect with her clients and with others in the legal community. Victoria takes a pragmatic approach to her work and carefully navigates the legal complexities of each transaction, contract, or offering, while always keeping her client’s best interests in mind.
- Served as in-house counsel at a Fortune 10 company as part of a six-month secondment assignment, where she advised on business transactions and handled a variety of corporate governance, Dodd-Frank, and securities law compliance issues.
- Represents public companies, strategic acquirers, family-owned businesses, and individuals in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and reorganizations ranging in size from billions of dollars to a few million dollars.
- Represents issuers in billions of dollars of public and private offerings of securities, including common stock, preferred stock, 144A / Reg S notes, senior debt, subordinate debt, and warrants.
- Counsels companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq on public disclosure and compliance issues.
- Acts as bond counsel, and represents issuers, underwriters, and borrowers, in a wide range of public finance transactions, including tax-exempt and taxable financings, public offerings and private placements, 501(c)(3) financings, conduit offerings, refundings, commercial paper programs, and short-term financings.
- Advises issuers, investment banks, commercial banks, and financial advisors on state law and federal tax law matters related to the structure and sale of municipal obligations.
- IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of Idaho, B.A., Philosophy, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
CIVIC AND CHARITABLE MEMBERSHIPS:
- Victoria is a board member of the Next Generation Society of the ACLU of Illinois. In that capacity, she helps educate the next generation of leaders about the ACLU’s mission and engages them in efforts to promote and protect civil liberties.
Rate : $$$