Victoria Tallman concentrates her practice on employment law, providing advice and counsel, training, and litigation defense for a variety of employers. In her litigation practice, she has experience representing employers in discrimination, harassment, misclassification, retaliation, and wrongful termination cases, in addition to wage and hour matters, Victoria handles both single-plaintiff and class action litigation in state and federal court.
Her counseling practice covers a broad range of employer issues, with a particular focus on misclassification (both for exempt status and employee vs. independent contractor), paid sick-leave ordinances, background check compliance, social media policies, general employee leaves, and minimum wage ordinances, as well as drafting and revising employee handbooks. Victoria also provides client trainings including anti-harassment and anti-discrimination trainings to rank-and-file employees, supervisors and managers, and C-suite executives. She also conducts workplace investigations.
Victoria has experience representing large national and international corporations, as well as small employer operations and nonprofits, from prelitigation through post-trial motion practice, as well as representing employers through administrative agency proceedings.
Victoria served as second-chair in two trials, one resulting in a complete defense verdict following a two-week trial, the other settling (favorably for the defense) just before the conclusion of the plaintiff’s case-in-chief.
- Associate, Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart, San Francisco, 2014-2016
- Associate, Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker, San Francisco, 2012-2014
- Associate, Lynch, Gilardi & Grummer, San Francisco, 2011-2012
- Student Intern, Department of Labor, EBSA, San Francisco, 2008
Professional & Community Activities:
- Co-chair, Barristers Club, Marin County Bar Association, 2016
- Junior League of San Francisco, 2017
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law, 2010
- Public Interest Law Certificate
- Employment Law Clinic
- Public Interest Law Foundation
- B.A., Political Science, Minor in Sociology, University of California, Davis, 2006
- Dean’s Honor Award
- Departmental Citation (Poli-Sci – top 5% of class)
Rate : $$$