Viktoriia De Las Casas assists clients in complying with environmental laws and regulations, including permitting and strategizing on implementation of environmental requirements. She also represents them in litigation matters and advises on various aspects of environmental due diligence.
Her practice encompasses all of the major environmental statutes, including the Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act, Clean Air Act, Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act, and corresponding regulations.
Viktoriia also has experience with the Federal Aviation Administration regulations that relate to siting of wind farms and other renewable and development projects.
Viktoriia has been involved in several challenges to agency rulemaking actions under the Administrative Procedure Act and the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act.
Viktoriia’s pro bono practice includes representing environmental non-profit organizations. As part of that practice, Viktoriia assisted with the drafting and negotiating of a forest management plan.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Lecturer, Legal writing in English, American Common Law Center at Kyiv T. Shevchenko University, 2016-2017.
- Pro Bono Attorney, Housing Law, Legal Services of Northern Virginia, 2016.
Professional Experience : Legal Fellow, Center for Biological Diversity, 2015-2016
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude; McNeill Honor Law Society; Order of the Coif, 2015, University of Richmond Law Review, Staff Member; Board Member and Semi-Finalist, Moot Court; Executive Officer and Semi-Finalist, Client Counseling and Negotiation Competition
- Kyiv T. Shevchenko University, Specialist of Law, with honors, 2008
- Kyiv T. Shevchenko University, LL.B., with honors, 2007
BAR ADMISSIONS : Virginia, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$