Vincent L. Capuano practices in the area of intellectual property law, with a focus on patent law in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries and an emphasis on representing generic pharmaceutical companies filing Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA) with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Dr. Capuano has extensive experience representing pharmaceutical companies in prelitigation strategic planning and patent litigation. He also counsels clients in all areas of patent procurement, exploitation and enforcement, including domestic and foreign patent preparation and procurement, patent validity and infringement analysis, patent licensing and due diligences.
Dr. Capuano is a recognized thought leader and frequent speaker on strategies affecting generic and biosimilar pharmaceutical companies. Prior to entering the practice of law, Dr. Capuano was an Innoue Foundation for Science postdoctoral fellow at Hiroshima University School of Medicine in Hiroshima, Japan (advisor Eiichi Kimura), and an NIH/CNRS postdoctoral fellow at the Université Louis Pasteur in Strasbourg, France (advisor Jean-Pierre Sauvage – Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2016).
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. et al. v. Prinston Pharmaceuticals Inc., et al., 17-CV-00426 (LPS) (D.Del.) Patent infringement action regarding Prinston’s ANDA to make a generic version of BMS’s anticoagulant product Eliquis®, the active ingredient of which is apixaban.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc., 15-CV-04126-H (EPL) (Mass. Sup. Ct.) Trade secret action regarding RNA interference technology.
- Helsinn Healthcare S.A., et al. v. Actavis LLC, 16-CV-00902 (SLR) (D. NJ) Patent infringement action regarding Actavis’s 505(b)(2) NDA to make a generic version of Eisai’s anti-nausea product Aloxi®, the active ingredient of which is palonosetron hydrochloride.
- Bayer Pharma AG et al., v. Prinston Pharmaceuticals Inc., et al., 15-CV-00902 (SLR) (D.Del.) Patent infringement action regarding Prinston’s ANDA to make a generic version of Janssen’s cardiovascular product Xarelto®, the active ingredient of which is rivaroxaban.
- In re Copaxone 40 mg Consolidated Cases, 14-CV-01171 (GMS) (D.Del.) Patent infringement action regarding Amneal’s ANDA to make a generic version of Teva’s MS product Copaxone®, the active ingredient of which is glatiramer acetate 40 mg.
- Ferring B.V. et al. v. Barr Laboratories, Inc., Case No. 02-9851 (SD NY). Patent infringement action regarding Barr Laboratories’ ANDA to make a generic version of Ferring’s urinary incontinence product DDAVP®, the active ingredient of which is desmopressin acetate.
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 1999
- University of Texas at Austin, Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, 1991
- The Ohio State University, B.S., Chemistry, 1987
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Inns of Court
- Biotechnology Industry Organization
Rate : $$$$