Vipul N. Nishawala, a Pillsbury Global Sourcing & Technology Transactions partner, is recognized by Chambers USA and Chambers Global for his significant experience assisting clients with complex technology-driven transactions.
Vipul advises on, structures and negotiates major technology transactions for a broad array of clients. He possesses extensive experience in strategic IT and business process outsourcings, complex cloud arrangements, licensing transactions, core banking deals and other system integration matters.
Vipul assists clients through every deal stage, from developing objectives and strategies through negotiations and closing. He also counsels on supplier management strategies and works with clients to resolve challenging scope, performance and financial disputes.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented a global industrial/financial services company in a complex Office 365 transaction.
- Provided strategic IT outsourcing counsel for a leading life insurance company.
- Structured, negotiated and closed a strategic core banking transaction for a major global financial institution.
- Providing assistance on all stages of technology transactions: gathering requirements and developing requests for proposals; conducting competitive term sheet negotiations among potential bidders; and recommending supplier and project management strategies.
- Advising on and negotiating complex disputes arising from technology agreements, including: proving material breach; assisting in terminations for cause and convenience; renegotiating agreements; and resolving complex scope, performance and financial disputes.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of the Bar, City of New York
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 1995
- B.A., University of North Carolina, 1992
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, New York
Rate : $$$$