Virgil Rolland Montgomery draws on a lifetime of experience in the construction. His practice is divided among procurement, project controls and dispute resolution through mediation, arbitration and litigation.
Virgil has drafted and provided key assistance in the preparation of contracts ranging in value to several billion dollars for construction projects on behalf of owners, contractors and energy clients. He also has advised clients during the negotiation phase, and works closely with project participants to develop detailed evaluations of scope, bidding and schedule issues.
Prior to attending law school, Virgil worked for 10 years as a union millwright and carpenter on steel mills, dams, high-rise buildings and other large industrial and commercial projects.
- Virgil’s wide experience includes projects involving selective catalytic reduction and flue gas de-sulfurization systems and other environmental controls.
- Virgil has been involved in mediating, arbitrating and litigating numerous and varied construction disputes. He mediated a rate dispute between an energy company and a supplier of natural gas, and he has assisted in mediation and arbitration matters involving performance issues, delays, scope of work issues and numerous other disputes.
- He has worked on projects involving nuclear engineering, procurement and construction.
- Other clients have worked with Virgil on projects involving heat recovery steam generators, alternative energy projects, sewage treatment facilities, steam and gas turbines and other new and emerging technologies.
- He also has provided his considerable experience in assisting clients through ongoing projects and developing and implementing procurement, project controls and risk mitigation strategies. He is assisting an energy client with analysis of project controls metrics and is providing project oversight analysis advice to the client’s officers.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1992
- University of Colorado, B.A., 1989
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Rate : $$$$