Virginia McBryde Todd Weaver, shareholder in the Firm’s Jackson office, concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial real estate, economic development, public law and general business transactions.
Ms. Weaver regularly represents clients in commercial lending transactions, including the structuring and documenting of commercial loans for both lenders and borrowers, as well as commercial leasing transactions and working through underwriting issues in connection with the issuance of title insurance policies.
She has served as borrower’s counsel and lender’s counsel in a myriad of different commercial acquisitions and/or financings including office buildings, casinos, multi-family housing developments, assisted care facilities and shopping centers.
She has also counseled clients in various multi-state lending transactions and has assisted with numerous post-Katrina mixed use projects including both affordable and market rate housing. She regularly represents the State of Mississippi in various loan transactions administered by the Mississippi Development Authority, including loans designed to retain jobs in the manufacturing industry and improve productivity and has had significant experience in the area of right of way acquisition.
She has also represented banks and various other commercial lending institutions, private and public developers and investors in commercial real estate financings, developments, acquisitions and dispositions.
Ms. Weaver has also assisted with the administration of the state Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) housing program in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, where she counseled the state agency on the development of CDBG policies, database design and the implementation and management of various eligibility and compliance certifications.
- University of Mississippi, J.D., 1996
- University of Mississippi, B.A., 1993, cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Mississippi, 1996
Representative Matters : Served as developer’s counsel in the approximate $10 million acquisition and rehabilitation of an 86-unit housing development under HUD’s Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) Program, utilizing approximately $6.1 million in low income housing tax credit equity, HOME Funds, Affordable Housing Program Funds, conventional construction lending and conventional permanent lending.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Secretary – Land Title Association of Mississippi (2018)
- Board of Directors – His Way, Inc. (2016 – 2018; Secretary 2016; Vice President 2017; President 2018)
- Capital Area Bar Association (Community Grant Committee)
- Member – Mississippi Bar Association (Real Property, Trust and Estates and Business Law Sections)
- Member – Tri-County Real Estate Association
- Member – Mississippi Automotive Manufacturer’s Association
- Member – Mississippi Economic Development Council
Civic Honors & Activities:
- Member – Women’s Fund of the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson (Steering Committee 2003 – 2004)
- Member – Mississippi Museum of Art
- Member – Community Foundation of Greater Jackson
- Saint Andrew’s Cathedral Lay Eucharistic Visitor
- Stewpot Community Services Red Beans and Rice Festival (Contestant 2002 – 2011)
Rate : $$$$