Virginia E. Milton represents and advises employers on employment and labor law issues, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, overtime wages, job classifications, breach of contract, non-competition and non-solicitation violations, and breach of confidentiality/theft of trade secrets.
Virginia guides clients on best employment practices, mitigating risk, and handling employee issues pre-litigation. When matters cannot be resolved without a lawsuit, Virginia represents clients through written discovery, depositions, motion practice, and jury trial.
She believes that listening and getting to know her clients’ business and people are the keys to identifying solutions that don’t just remedy a short-term problem, but also are consistent with long-term operations.
Virginia has represented employers in industries including transportation, hospitality and food service, oil and gas, healthcare, and technology. She has litigated matters and advised clients regarding claims arising under: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Texas Labor Code.
Before entering law, Virginia worked in news media for NBC News and the Atlantic Media Company. Hailing from the Washington, D.C. area, Virginia has also interned for the White House and on Capitol Hill.
While in law school, Virginia was editor-in-chief of The International Lawyer, the award-winning quarterly legal journal of the ABA’s International Law Section. Virginia was also a member of SMU Law’s National Moot Court team and a law clerk for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, 2011
- B.A., University of Virginia, 2006
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Junior League of Dallas
- President Emeritus and Board Member, University of Virginia Club of Dallas/Fort Worth
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
Rate : $$$$