Vita E. Zeltser focuses her practice on information technology and data security and privacy, including data breach response, with a special focus on the insurance industry, as well as global sourcing transactions, outsourcing agreements, and technology licensing. She also has extensive expertise in advising merchants on electronic payment transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Vita was an associate and then senior counsel in the Atlanta office of an international law firm where she was a member of its corporate practice, focusing on privacy, information security, e-commerce, payments, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters. While attending law school, Vita was Articles Editor of the Georgia Journal of Intellectual Property Law, a recipient of the ABA Award for Excellence in Employment Law, and a Legal Research and Writing teaching assistant.
Vita is fluent in Russian.
Counseling companies affected by data security breaches on complying with U.S. state law and regulatory breach notification requirements and managing the data breach response process.
- Advising clients with respect to a broad range of privacy and security issues, including compliance with the Federal Trade Commission Red Flags Rule, and state-specific pre-breach security requirements.
- Advising clients with regard to e-payments issues, including compliance with the NACHA Rules, Reg E, PCI DSS and payment card rules.
- Preparing a wide variety of commercial contracts.
- Drafting and negotiating mergers and acquisitions documents, assisting with finance transactions and corporate restructuring transactions.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D. (2004)magna cum laude
- Emory University, B.A., Philosophy, Minor in Russian (2001) magna cum laude
- Georgia (2004)
Rate : $$$