Vivian C. Folk has extensive experience in representing single and multiemployer employee benefit plans and multiple employer welfare arrangements, corporate sponsors, third-party administrators, and consulting firms. Known for delivering practical and actionable advice to her clients, she focuses her practice on plan investment and other fiduciary responsibilities, and governmental compliance issues.
Having a passion to share her knowledge and experiences, Vivian has spoken extensively nationwide and is co-author of The Annotated Fiduciary (3rd ed.), and contributing author to the last three editions of the Trustees Handbook and multiple editions of the IF Textbook for Plan Trustees, Administrators and Advisors. Vivian received her law degree from Case Western University Law School, where she was executive editor of the Law Review.
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Law Review, 1976
- B.A., Ohio Wesleyan University, 1973
Bar and Court Admissions : Ohio, 1976
- Represents 15 multiemployer benefit plans and their sponsors across Eastern half of United States, including pension plan with $2 billion+ assets.
- Assists clients with compliance with all laws governing employee benefit plans, due diligence matters, and readiness for audits.
- Handles complex governmental investigations and settlements, including those involving fiduciary responsibility carriers.
- Merges (and terminates) employee benefit plans to achieve economies of scale.
- Assists clients in the selection of investment fiduciaries.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Arbitration Association Multiemployer Pension Plan Amendments Act Panel
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
Rate : $$$